At Cowly Owl we care very much about your privacy. As creators of apps for children, we follow the best practices as specified by the “Know what’s inside” program and aim to comply with The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). We are upfront about what our apps contain, so there are no hidden surprises.
Child friendly app
– No in-app purchases
– No third-party advertising
– No social media integration
– No collection or sharing of personal information
We don’t collect any personally identifiable information about the users of our apps. We do collect anonymous usage statistics to help us improve our apps.
Why collect any information inside an app?
Anonymous usage statistics, also called analytics, help us improve an app once it has been released. If we had no analytics, we would have no idea if anyone is using our apps, if they are getting stuck on certain screens or if the app crashes.
What kinds of information?
– Firstly, we collect NO personally identifiable information. So not your phone number, email address, your city, photos. Any usage statistics are anonymous and there is no account signup process in our apps.
– We do store what device you are using, which version of the operating system.
– Your country, to help us choose which languages to add to the app.
– Crash reports, telling us where in the app it crashed and what the problem might be.
– How long the app was used for, how many times it has been opened.
– Which screens/characters/features are most popular.
How do we do this
We are using a third party service called Flurry Analytics. They store this data securely and do not share it with anyone else. We are using the restricted version of their analytics product designed specifically for use with apps for children, meaning that the anonymous data created from our apps isn’t used anywhere else in their system, it’s only for us to improve the apps.
What about the record your own voice feature in Little Digits?
So in Little Digits you can record the voices in your own voice and language. These audio files are saved on the iPad and are never uploaded or shared anywhere.
We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under 13. If you believe we have mistakenly collected such information, please contact us so we can resolve the issue.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us.
Updated May 2018